Páginas

8/6/10

Questions About Brainwave Entrainment

Question 1
At 08:18 PM 7/6/2010, Mr. A wrote:
So, I have a few questions for you about your product.
1. I did some research on brainwave entrainment and I found evidence that does indeed have the capability to increase IQ, but the studies were mainly on children with mental challenges or ADHD (one child went from 70 to 113). Is this simply the children being given the ability to focus, which is different from actually improving their intelligence?

Answer 1
I believe that the ability to focus is directly related to one’s measurable IQ, and is equally applicable to “normally functioning” people as well.

______________________

Question 2
There also was supposedly was also a study that showed that college students who used entrainment did better than those that did not (but that might not be related to actual IQ), but I have not been able to find the original draft. What do your IQ increase tracks resemble? Are they based on the same technologies in these trials with extra power or what?

Answer 2
I would need to see those trials to know what frequencies they were using.  They were “probably” using meditative frequencies, such as Alpha/Theta/Delta.

______________________

Question 3
2. I have been using your IQ increase tracks about twice a day, 3-6 days a week, for about 3 weeks. I also used your Alpha meditation tracks 5 times on five days that were pretty close together, and I am now on Theta. How long will it take for me to see a measurable improvement in my IQ?

Answer 3
If you keep going at the same rate, 6-8 weeks of total entrainment time should be enough to see a measurable increase.
______________________

Question 4
I dislike using such a dimensionless number as a measurement of intelligence, but it is the only objective means of definitively proving that the program has done something. I am thinking something on the order of 3-5 more weeks, what are your thoughts on this? What would I be able to expect at that time? To give you an idea of where I am at now, two months ago my IQ was measured by one source to be 120, another 149 (that one I could only take once though, so I will use the other one).

Answer 4
It depends on the testing methodology and other factors at the time of testing, but if you are calm, well rested and well hydrated when you take the test, you should see a measurable increase provided by your entrainment usage.
______________________
Question 5
3. I am thinking of being a writer, and this may seem silly to you, but I do not want to become reliant on brainwave entrainment for my creative ideas. It would feel almost like cheating. Increasing my IQ to be able to develop technologies that I have in my head is one thing, but getting my creative inspiration from entrainment is sketchy because I have no way of knowing whether it is truly working- and it would be tragic for me to think it is isn’t working and find out that all of my good ideas were mainly the result of frequencies after I write a something that is sub par in comparison to the works I wrote while using entrainment. I worry that all gains from this will be temporary, and I won’t have time to use it for maintenance, and that I will have become so reliant on it that I will fall apart in its absence. Will the IQ increase portion increase IQ without the help of the creativity tracks?

Answer 5
Yes, the IQ increase tracks will increase IQ without the help of the creativity tracks.  However, you will get much better results from using the “full spectrum” of entrainment frequencies in the package.
Your worries are unfounded, however.  The inspiration that you receive from the meditative and creativity tracks is coming from YOUR mind.  It is simply an area of the mind that few people access on a conscious, regular basis.  Genius Brain Power helps you to access these deeper parts of your sub-conscious mind more easily.  The more you open the pathway to your sub-conscious, the stronger the pathway becomes, and you won’t be dependent on the entrainment tracks once you have made a strong, clear sub-conscious connection.
However, just like a regular meditative practice, if you abandon your entrainment and allow the stresses of daily life to build up in your mind, you will be less effective and probably less creative.  Getting into the creative flow requires a state of consciously willed relaxation.  If you can get relaxed without entrainment, you can be creative.  If you need entrainment to relax, you should not look at it as a personal flaw.  We ALL need some extra help to relax and relieve stress at times.
You can also add in some of the usual stress relievers:  Moderate exercise, spending time in nature, getting a massage, meditating without entrainment, Yoga, etc.

__________________________

Question 6
4. You said in a previous email that the effects of entrainment were like those of muscle memory. However, unlike muscles, which are set at a given number of cells and only increase in size and retain information in multiple nuclei, the brain has recently been found capable of generating new cells. In addition, it can create networks of connections that strengthen the overall functioning of the entire brain by giving neurons new places to fire and better context (context meaning that a neuron with one connection is not going to do as much good as one with hundreds). These factors lead me to believe that IQ gains that are caused by the generation of new neural tissue are permanent, and that other gains with a less permanent nature can be made permanent by application-giving the new found intellectual skill connections tied to information that would have to be eliminated before the gains in IQ could be. I imagine this is why most brain training does not work, as people don’t learn in addition to the training, and when they stop doing that, the brain has no reason to keep its new powers. With all this in mind, do you still think that the IQ gains would be temporary? Does brainwave entrainment lead to neurogenesis and new connections in the right context?

Answer 6
Yes, brainwave entrainment has been scientifically proven to lead to neurogenesis and new neural-synaptic connections in the brain, especially the frequencies used in IQ Increase and the relaxed focus tracks.  You are also correct that these new connections are strengthened and made more permanent by actively learning new skills and information.
The real key is to use the deeper Theta/Delta tracks in order to allow your brain and mind to “re-organize” around the new neural connections and information that you have learned.  You tap into your sub-conscious mind in these states and correlate the information that you have learned in new and unique ways.
Which leads us to “my” definition of genius:  The ability to combine seemingly unrelated pieces of information into a new, cohesive understanding that embraces a wide range of topics, and then communicate that new model of information to others in a way they can understand.
That is best accomplished by regular use of the deeper Theta/Delta tracks.  Regular Theta/Delta use will also help you to release “internal stressors” (worries, for example) so that you are in a more calm, focused state of mind in your daily experience, allowing you to express your natural creativity and intelligence.
A calm, focused mind can accomplish nearly anything, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment